Monday, June 18, 2012

Instant!

Summer is great! Garage sales everywhere and that means more odd and vintage stuff are being put on sale at rock bottom prices. On my way home from work, I happen to pass by just that, a garage sale. I usually don't bring cash with me, but today was my lucky day because I happened to have $15 on my wallet. So I went browsing, lots and lots of baby toys, some furniture and some electronics. I was drawn to this yellow object that seemed to be protruding from a pile of wires and computer parts. To my surprise, it was a Polaroid JobPro. Now if I recall correctly, this Polaroid was made to be tough for use on areas like construction, police work etc. 

I had no way of testing it, but it appeared to be in very good condition so I grabbed it and bargained with the lady doing the sale. Well, we came down to a very good price of $10 for the camera. I just told her it might not be working and it would just end up as a display piece so she said ok for $10. She asked me to pay her $15 for it by the way (yes I know, I'm not that good at bargaining). The awesome thing about Polaroids is that they can do an instant print of the picture. They have, however, discontinued production for their instant film but thanks to a company called Impossible, the polaroid film is back! I will have to try this camera with some film that I have ordered from Impossible. The film is not cheap, but hey, I bet it would be fun to do instant photography! 

How about you? Have you gotten some rare finds lately? You can share them on the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment